SKID Wooden Chef Knife

SKID Wooden Chef Knife

SKID is a new approach to one of the most important kitchen items: the knife. The innovative idea was to build it using a renewable and sustainable material as a base, in this case wood was the material of choice, the challenge came afterwards, to seamlessly put together the high precision carbon blade with the wood body successfully which they did. Made from Robinia wood, which is 3 times harder than oak, the wood occupies 97% of the knife´s body, leaving the metal blade with a mere 3%. The Robinia wood, after being hardened is also impregnated with linseed oil, making it bacterial resistant and with no need to use chemicals to wash it, a rinse is all thats needed for cleaning. An interesting example of how hard thought and sustainable approach can create a beautiful and useful item. watch the video below

SKID Wooden Chef Knife SKID Wooden Chef Knife SKID Wooden Chef Knife SKID Wooden Chef Knife SKID Wooden Chef Knife